Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "ggchrishxl@gmail.com" <gg...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 11:17:47 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when using buildr package command

Hello my friend,

        I have tried to build ODE and generate Eclipse project according to tutorial in offical website.
        When I run command "buildr package test=no" in the root directory of  ode source code, I got this error:

        Generating Javadoc for apache-ode
        javadoc: error - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Please increase memory.
        For example, on the Sun Classic or HotSpot VMs, add the option -J-Xmx
        such as -J-Xmx32m.
        1 error
        Buildr aborted!
        RuntimeError : Failed to generate Javadocs, see errors above

        Obviously this means memory of java compiler is not enough, but how to change it ?
        I got so many information about modify memory size of JVM by command"java -Xms -Xmx" or "javac -Xms -Xmx",but noting about that in buildr.
        Does anybody know about this? Please help me.Thank you !

Chris Wong

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when using buildr package command

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

you could also set an environment variable JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx... and then run
buildr.

Best,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when using buildr package command

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,