Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Taylor, Jeremy" <jt...@lehman.com> on 2000/09/20 18:24:09 UTC

Different behaviour in NT and Unix

I have an ANT build script which works fine in NT, but when  run it on Unix
it prefixes the current directory to the srcdir of the javac target.

I have tried defining basedir to "" but this makes no difference

i.e. >ant full -Dbasedir=.

esults in the following error.

build.xml:88: srcdir /home/jtaylor/work/content/common/~/work
/content/common/src does not exist!

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Re: Different behaviour in NT and Unix

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 S> Should I consider the nightly builds stable for all the old
 S> features, or is it something of a total rewrite?

A little bit of both.

Nothing that caused deprecation warnings in Ant 1.1 will work any
longer. You might get a whole bunch of new deprecation warnings that
can be ignored for now (these features will be removed after release
1.2). Apart from that everything is expected to behave more or less
the same as in Ant 1.1.

Under the hood a couple of things have changed, the class named Exec
isn't used for anything any longer for example. So if you have custom
tasks that relied on project.createTask("exec") to return an instance
of Exec you are out of luck.

And then, <property>, <taskdef> and handling of unknown tasks have
changed to be real runtime operations (meaning Ant won't complain if it
cannot find a task you don't use in the last case) - which may or may
not break your environment.

Take a look at the WHATSNEW file in the root directory of the
repository to get an idea of what might have changed.

Stefan

Re: Different behaviour in NT and Unix

Posted by Saviely <ca...@SDF.lonestar.org>.
Hi,

We've got these small basedir problems as well on the NT's.  Should I
consider the nightly builds stable for all the old features, or is it
something of a total rewrite?

Thanks to the dev's for the tool, I'm replacing everyone's Borland tools
when their eyes start getting that ghostly look...

Saviely

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.