Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Frank Kelly <fk...@cogitocorp.com> on 2023/05/09 15:42:32 UTC

bookie_SERVER_STATUS has three values not two

Just a documentation FYI

The metric "bookie_SERVER_STATUS" is documented in Pulsar as having 2
values
https://pulsar.apache.org/docs/3.0.x/reference-metrics/

However we hit an issue where the bookie pod was reseated and it did not
start correctly and discovered that the status has 3 values

"Bookie status (1: up, 0: readonly, -1: unregistered)"
See
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/b37403f978b5e0219146f11c898d05d91680a317/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/bookie/BookieStateManager.java#L92-L97

Please advise - should I create a Github doc issue?

Frank

--

*Frank Kelly | Principal Engineer, Core Platform Team*

www.cogitocorp.com | Cogito on LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cogito-corp-/>

Re: bookie_SERVER_STATUS has three values not two

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
It’s easier to ping the relevant people in the community with knowledge if you open a question in GitHub Discussions