Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/06/10 06:00:05 UTC

[VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1.1 - RC2

I've prepared a second release candidate for the Server Repository
plugin.  This candidate resolves the issues with deploying the plugin in
various Geronimo 2.1* releases.   Much of the information regarding the
need for the plugin remains the same ...

As a result of some discussion on GERONIMO-2814
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2814] it was suggested
that we create a plugin to facilitate adding a second repository to
Geronimo.  This is of particular value when running multiple Geronimo
server instances from a single Geronimo installation.

I have created a very simple plugin for this purpose.  For more
information on how this might be leveraged reference
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/multiple-repositories.html

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/plugins/server-repo/

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/plugins/server-repo/1.0/index.html

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Friday (6/13) at 9:00 ET.

[ ] +1  Release the server-repo plugin
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release the server-repo plugin

Joe

Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1.1 - RC2 - CANCELLED

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
My apologies for the long pause in this vote while I was on vacation and
not getting it resolved before I lost all connectivity.

Please see the discussion thread for full details on the issue with this
vote that has caused the delay in closing it.

At this point in time I think it's best just to go ahead and fix plugin
so that when the catalog is generated it lists the license correctly.
The alternative would be to manually change the generated catalog before
we make it available (as I have done with my staging catalog).  The down
side of this is that somebody might regenerate the catalog in the future
and omit the manual change to fix the license.

All of that was to explain why this vote is now cancelled.  Expect a RC3
a little later on today.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay

Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ - RC2

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Clarification ... the subject should really state 2.1+ rather than 2.1.1
(as described below).

Also ... here's my +1.

Joe

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 --- Able to install it very easily!   Didn't get chance to try much
scenarios - will try in the next few days.

I wonder what is causing the proprietary license - the
osi-approved="false" attribute in geronimo-plugins.xml?

Lin

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1
--kevan

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

One more thing ...

It's a little difficult to install a plugin without a plugin catalog (as
Hernan reminded me).  I assume several folks have just been building
locally so they can install from their local maven repos ... however if
you would like to avoid that do the following:

- From the console navigation to Plugins
- select Add Repository
- paste in my staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/plugins/server-repo/
- click Add
- Select the newly added repository from the drop down list
- click "Show Plugins in selected repository"
- You should see just this plugin in the list and you can install it
from there.

Joe

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1