Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Oleg Savrasov <os...@griddynamics.com> on 2016/03/31 15:00:43 UTC

Block Join Faceting in JSON Facet API

Hi Yonik,

I’ve been working on [SOLR-5743] Faceting with BlockJoin support
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5743>, and I think it would be
nice to integrate this functionality into JSON Facet API. Current JSON
options <http://yonik.com/solr-nested-objects/> provide either querying
child documents and faceting on parent ones, or vice versa, i.e. querying
parent documents and calculating facets on all their children. But for
typical eCommerce product/sku navigation it’s important to query parent
documents that have some specific children (using ToParentBlockJoinQuery)
and calculate correspondent facets. I.e. we need to calculate number of
parent documents that have matched children with particular attributes. In
example, provided on http://yonik.com/solr-nested-objects/, let’s suppose
that user searches books that have 5 star reviews and wants to have a facet
by authors with number of books (i.e. reviewing the same book again is not
counted).

It looks like neither blockChildren nor blockParent suite for this use
case. Do you have an idea of how to extend JSON facets to cover such usage?

Oleg

Re: Block Join Faceting in JSON Facet API

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:50 AM, Oleg Savrasov <ol...@macys.com> wrote:
> Hi Yonik,
>
> Hope you had a great holiday.
> Do you have some time to discuss JSON facets API extension?

Yeah, I'll open a jira issue to go with it.

-Yonik

Posted by Oleg Savrasov <ol...@macys.com>.
Hi Yonik,

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.