Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ian Larner <ia...@uk.ibm.com> on 2001/08/16 20:38:38 UTC

Re: Page sequence/Layer/region... argll..

Romain,
I think that the following properties of fo:block should help prevent a
block splitting at a page boundary, but I cannot seem to get them to do
what they should (with FOP 0.18)
   keep-together="always"
   keep-with-next="always"
   keep-with-previous="always"

(You should not need to use them all.)  If anyone on fop-dev has successful
experience of using these, perhaps they can advise.

You can refine the properties with component qualifiers; for example:
   keep-together.within-page="always"

For more information, see the examples directory of the FOP installation.

You can also force a page break before a block that spills over a page
(effectively preventing the spillage) with:
   break-before="page"

Good luck!
Ian
P.S. I'm "unplugged" until 26th Sept, so I can't respond from now until
then.

Ian Larner
User Technologies, IBM Hursley Lab, England
Internal: 246440    External: +44 1962 816440    Fax: +44 9162 816151
Mailpoint 095         email: ian_larner@uk.ibm.com

"The credit belongs to the man ...in the arena,  (who) knowing there is no
effort without ...shortcomings, actually strives to do the deeds..."
Theodore Roosevelt

                    Romain Bourgue
                    <Romain.Bourgue@SecurityKe       To:     Ian Larner/UK/IBM@IBMGB
                    epers.com>                       cc:
                                                     Subject:     Re: Page sequence/Layer/region... argll..
                    08/16/2001 04:46 PM
                    Please respond to Romain
                    Bourgue

Sorry for replying that late... I just come back from the HAL...

Thank you for your precious advice...

Thanks to your code I managed to find a walk throught for my paging issues.
Anyway, one issue remains :
Is it possible to avoid a page break into a block ?

I checked out the Web for a solution but it seems that many asked but few
answered...

Thanks for your help.

Romain

Re: Page sequence/Layer/region... argll..

Posted by Romain Bourgue <Ro...@SecurityKeepers.com>.
Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 07:38, Ian Larner a tapoté sur son clavier:
> Subject: Re: Page sequence/Layer/region... argll..
> To: Romain Bourgue <Ro...@SecurityKeepers.com>
> Cc: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
> From: "Ian Larner" <ia...@uk.ibm.com>
> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:38:38 +0100
> Sender: fop-dev-return-9791-rbourgue=securitykeepers.com@xml.apache.org
>

> Romain,
> I think that the following properties of fo:block should help prevent a
> block splitting at a page boundary, but I cannot seem to get them to do
> what they should (with FOP 0.18)
>    keep-together="always"
>    keep-with-next="always"
>    keep-with-previous="always"

Ok, I'll check this out...
Initially I wanted to use page-break-inside="avoid" but it's not supported
yet...

> (You should not need to use them all.)  If anyone on fop-dev has successful
> experience of using these, perhaps they can advise.
>
> You can refine the properties with component qualifiers; for example:
>    keep-together.within-page="always"
>
> For more information, see the examples directory of the FOP installation.

> You can also force a page break before a block that spills over a page
> (effectively preventing the spillage) with:
>    break-before="page"
>
> Good luck!
> Ian
> P.S. I'm "unplugged" until 26th Sept, so I can't respond from now until
> then.

How lucky you are...!
I'm in a training period here. I finish on 21th Sept. Therefore, thanks for
all your help, it's been realy kind from you to spend time and knowledge to
help me...
It's always a pleasure to "meet" people like you.

Enjoy your holydays...

Romain.