Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Kolumbus <CK...@gmx.de> on 2006/12/20 18:44:35 UTC

WSS4J: Signature verification failed

Hello,

I get an error "Signature verification failed" with Axis, WSS4J and signature of SOAP-Messages.

I use the following configurtion:
Server:
Tomcat 5.5, Axis2 1.1 with Rampart 1.1, Java 5

Client:
Axis 1.3, Java 5

The client is configured with client.deploy.wsdd:
    <handler type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllSender" >
     <parameter name="user" value="client"/>
     <parameter name="passwordCallbackClass" value="client.PWCBHandler"/>
     <parameter name="action" value="Timestamp UsernameToken Signature"/>
     <parameter name="signaturePropFile" value="crypto.properties" />
     <parameter name="signatureKeyIdentifier" value="IssuerSerial" />
     <parameter name="enableNamespacePrefixOptimization" value="false"/>
     <parameter name="disablePrettyXML" value="true"/>
    </handler>

I debugged through the Axis and WSS4J classes on the client-side. It is interesting that the org.apache.ws.security.message.EnvelopeIdResolver finds a SOAP Body but the Body is empty. In the Log-File I see an entry:

2006-12-20 18:19:28,554 [main] DEBUG  org.apache.ws.security.message.EnvelopeIdResolver.engineResolve(EnvelopeIdResolver.java:81) - enter engineResolve, look for: #id-25567987

2006-12-20 18:19:28,601 [main] DEBUG  org.apache.ws.security.message.EnvelopeIdResolver.engineResolve(EnvelopeIdResolver.java:139) - exit engineResolve, result: XMLSignatureInput/Element/[soapenv:Body: null] exclude null comments:false/null

[soapenv:Body: null] -> the SOAP-Body is empty. Some lines before the system prints the whole request into logile before WSS4J starts working.

Do you have any ideas what the mistake could be?

The verification fails because the server extracts the full Body from the SOAP request, that's why it has another input and says: Signature validation failed.

Thank you,
Matthias