Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "C. Benson Manica" <cb...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 17:29:52 UTC

Dependency on assembly?

Let's say I have a dependency that looks something like

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.foo</groupId>
            <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

This artifact gets deployed with an additional assembly, baz.tar.gz, that I
want to make use of in this project.  Is baz.tar.gz accessible from this
project?  If so, how do I reference it?  Followup question, what I really
want to do is extract baz.tar.gz to directory baz and arrange for baz to be
included in an assembly to be built by this project - how would I arrange
for that to happen?

--
C. Benson Manica
cbmanica@gmail.com

Re: Dependency on assembly?

Posted by "C. Benson Manica" <cb...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for!

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> On 5/20/2010 11:29 AM, C. Benson Manica wrote:
> > Let's say I have a dependency that looks something like
> >
> >         <dependency>
> >             <groupId>com.foo</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
> >             <version>1.0</version>
> >         </dependency>
> >
> > This artifact gets deployed with an additional assembly, baz.tar.gz, that
> > want to make use of in this project.  Is baz.tar.gz accessible from this
> > project?
> Yes, I think so.
> > If so, how do I reference it?
>
> The name "baz.tar.gz" is probably more likely formatted like:
>
> artifactId - version - "classifier" . tar.gz
>
> where artifactId = "bar" and the version is 1.0.  So the name would be
> more like:
>
> bar-1.0-baz.tar.gz
>
> You can write a dependency on this using
> <groupId>com.foo</groupId>
> <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
> <classifier>baz<classifer>
> <type>tar.gz</type>
> > Followup question, what I really
> > want to do is extract baz.tar.gz to directory baz and arrange for baz to
> be
> > included in an assembly to be built by this project - how would I arrange
> > for that to happen?
> >

> The assembly descriptor supports this directly, I think: use
> dependencySet and specify unpack.
>
> -Marshall Schor

C. Benson Manica
cbmanica@gmail.com

Re: Dependency on assembly?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 5/20/2010 11:29 AM, C. Benson Manica wrote:
> Let's say I have a dependency that looks something like
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>com.foo</groupId>
>             <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
>             <version>1.0</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> This artifact gets deployed with an additional assembly, baz.tar.gz, that I
> want to make use of in this project.  Is baz.tar.gz accessible from this
> project?
Yes, I think so.