Posted to users@camel.apache.org by yuanchen <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/19 15:25:47 UTC

How to get header/property info out from sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty

I am trying to use ProducerTemplate.sendBodyAndProperty(endpoint, body,
property, propertyValue) or sendBodyAndHeader(endpoint, body, header,
headerValue) to passing some info in the property/header to endpointUri
(used as file name) defined in CamelContext spring config below.  How do I
configure the camel context to get the string value from header/property
passed in sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty?

<camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
        <route>
            <from uri="direct:endpoint"/>
            <to uri="file:/?fileName=${some string passed from
property/header}"/>
        </route>
</camelContext>

Thanks a lot for the help,
YC

Re: How to get header/property info out from sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Learn the patterns :)

You need to use the recipient list pattern which can act dynamic.
http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM, yuanchen <yu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use ProducerTemplate.sendBodyAndProperty(endpoint, body,
> property, propertyValue) or sendBodyAndHeader(endpoint, body, header,
> headerValue) to passing some info in the property/header to endpointUri
> (used as file name) defined in CamelContext spring config below.  How do I
> configure the camel context to get the string value from header/property
> passed in sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty?
>
> <camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>        <route>
>            <from uri="direct:endpoint"/>
>            <to uri="file:/?fileName=${some string passed from
> property/header}"/>
>        </route>
> </camelContext>
>
> Thanks a lot for the help,
> YC

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: How to get header/property info out from sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you don't need to pass that header as the option of the URI.

If you take a look at the File2[1] document, you will find there is a
message header (CamelFileName) can do the job as you want.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/file2.html

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: How to get header/property info out from sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM, cgfulton <cg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I configure the camel context to get the string value from
> header/property? In my case I would like to use the exec component and pass
> option values using the header/property.

See this FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-use-dynamic-uri-in-to.html

>         <camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>                 <route>
>                         <from uri="direct:ping" />
>                          <to uri="exec:ping?args=-c1 ${in.header.host}"/>
>                 </route>
>                 <route>
>                 <from uri="direct:echo" />
>                          <to uri="exec:ls?args=-c1 ${in.header.dir}"/>
>                 </route>
>         </camelContext>

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: How to get header/property info out from sendBodyAndHeader/sendBodyAndProperty