Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "G.V.Pradeep Kumar Reddy" <gp...@staff.juno.com> on 2002/02/05 07:42:09 UTC

Problem while building the xerces parsers.

Hi,
I have downloaded xerces-c (1.6.0) source code and followed the instructions
for building the library on Solaris. The .so file was succesfully created.
When I tried to compile a sample program I got many errors of the following
type. Can you point me where exactly the error was in building the library.

RefHashTableOfEnumerator<Grammar>::RefHashTableOfEnumerator(RefHashTableOf<G
rammar>*const,const bool) /u/gprad/xerces/lib/libxerces.a(GrammarResolver.o)

I have downloaded the binary package and the same sample program got
compiled succesfully.

Another question is, how can I make a static library (.a) instead of the
shared library from the source code. I need to load my library at compile
time instead of run time.

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep.
Juno Online Services.