Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2019/02/07 12:54:48 UTC

[HELP WANTED] Ref Guide page "Solr Glossary" needs some love

Hi

Our Ref Guide actually has a Glossary page :) http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/solr-glossary.html

But it is by no means complete, we often forget to update it when adding new features etc.
For example, no mention of Autoscaling, Metrics, Analysis, DocValues and many more.

So I'm hereby challenging you all to review the page and contribute key terminology that you care about.

Easiest way to contribute is:

 1. Visit GitHub page https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/solr-ref-guide/src/solr-glossary.adoc
 2. Click edit button and do your changes
 3. Click "Preview changes" to see that your edits were valid (don't mind some left margin bug)
 4. Scroll to the bottom and create a Pull Request right there on the page :)

PS: You can also use this trick to contribute other Ref Guide changes, fix typos etc!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com