Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Len Bellemore <Le...@ControlCircle.com> on 2013/10/02 16:32:20 UTC

cannot delete primary storage

Hi Guys,

I've got an iSCSI-based Primary Storage pool that I am unable to delete.  I'm running XenServer 6.1 and have created the storage pool via the PreSetup option in CS.

I've had other pools set up exactly the same way and they have removed without problems.

When I try to delete the pool (via the GUI or the API) the state of the storage pool goes to "Removed" and throws an error:

<errorcode>530</errorcode><cserrorcode>9999</cserrorcode><errortext>Failed to finish storage pool removal. The storage pool will not be used but cleanup is needed</errortext></deletestoragepoolresponse>

Anyone seen this before?

thanks

Len

IMPORTANT NOTICE. This electronic message contains information from Control Circle Ltd, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above) immediately. Activity and use of the ControlCircle e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes

RE: cannot delete primary storage

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
>From memory the entries in tables 'storage_pool_host_ref' and 'storage_pool' are closely linked.

Remember backup the DB first, as I have found getting this clean-up process wrong can cause havoc with the system.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.