Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geert Van Damme <ge...@vdab.be> on 2003/07/22 15:12:11 UTC

deploying cocoon war on weblogic 6.1 server

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy cocoon as a war on a weblogic 6.1 server. In exploded format, all is ok, but as a war I get following error (see below message).
Seems like cocoon can't find the classes that are located in the jars in the web-inf/lib dir ?? Is this a known problem ? I've searched about anywhere but I can't seem to find the answer... As a test case I'm using the unmodified war version of cocoon, but even here the problem occurs.

Thanks in advance!

***
Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

type fatal

message Language Exception

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling sitemap_xmap: Line 22, column 49: cannot access class Component; file org/apache/avalon/framework/component/Component.class not found Line 23, column 53: cannot access class Configurable; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configurable.class not found Line 24, column 53: cannot access class Configuration; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration.class not found Line 25, column 53: cannot access class ConfigurationException; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/ConfigurationException.class not found Line 26, column 53: cannot access class DefaultConfiguration; file org/apache/

cocoon/components/notification/SimpleNotifyingBean.class not found Line 63, column 38: class AbstractSitemap not found in class org.apache.cocoon.www.zip_.appl.build61.prj.cocoon.runtime.cocoon.config.cocoondomain.applications.__wlnotdelete.wlap46629.cocoon_vdab_war_.sitemap_xmap Line 96, column 64: class Parameters not found in class org.apache.cocoon.www.zip_.appl.build61.prj.cocoon.runtime.cocoon.config.cocoondomain.applications.__wlnotdelete.wlap46629.cocoon_vdab_war_.sitemap_xmap Line 108, column 79: class Parameters not found in class org.apache.cocoon.www.zip_.appl.build61.prj.cocoon.runtime.cocoon.config.cocoondomain.applications.__wlnotdelete.wlap46629.cocoon_vdab_war_.sitemap_xmap Line 126, column 28: class Configuration not found in class org.apache.cocoon.www.zip_.appl.build61.prj.cocoon.runtime.cocoon.config.cocoondomain.applications.__wlnotdelete.wlap46629.cocoon_vdab_war_.sitemap_xmap Line 126, column 55: class ConfigurationException not found in class

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

Re: deploying cocoon war on weblogic 6.1 server

Posted by Eric Lennon Bowman <eb...@boboco.ie>.
Geert Van Damme wrote:

>I'm trying to deploy cocoon as a war on a weblogic 6.1 server. In exploded format, all is ok, but as a war I get following error (see below message).
>Seems like cocoon can't find the classes that are located in the jars in the web-inf/lib dir ?? Is this a known problem ? I've searched about anywhere but I can't seem to find the answer... As a test case I'm using the unmodified war version of cocoon, but even here the problem occurs.

That version of WebLogic has a bug where jar files in a war file's
WEB-INF/lib directory may only have a single '.' in their name.

You could write an ant task that renames jars to meet that
requirement...I think that's what I ended up doing...or maybe a Perl script.

--
Eric Lennon Bowman
BoboCo Ltd