Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dorchain Marc <ma...@syborg.de> on 2000/05/24 16:17:49 UTC

SaxParse Exception with XSP - Examples from Cocoon 1.7.4

I'm new to this list, so maybe this question has been asked
2-6 times before(sorry):

If I try to look at the included samples, I get the following
error if I want to see the First XSP Page(pure content
version)(href="samples/xsp/clean-page.xml?message=Hello%20World!"):

org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException:
Could not associate stylesheet to document:
error reading
D:\Java\Tomcat\webapps\EposPSP\samples\xsp\page-xsp.xsl:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The namespace prefix "xsp" was
not declared.
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getStylesheet
	(XSLTProcessor.java:217)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process
	(XSLTProcessor.java:108)
at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java,Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest
	(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processCo
nnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run
	(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java, Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Could it be that maybe I have installed a wrong version of an
jar archive with the wrong sax parser?
I read some time ago that the xml.jar archive is no longer
needed, but my Tomcat 3.1 Server wont start without the xml.jar.

Re: SaxParse Exception with XSP - Examples from Cocoon 1.7.4

Posted by Nishit Trivedi <ni...@planet.net>.
May be u r missing some jar file to be included in tomcat.properties file.
They r as follows:

wrapper.classpath=<your path>\lib\ant.jar
wrapper.classpath=<your path>\lib\jasper.jar
wrapper.classpath=<your path>\lib\serlvet.jar
wrapper.classpath=<your path>\lib\webserver.jar

The following line is needed in tomcat.properties IF you are using jdk1.2.2:
wrapper.classpath=<path where you installed jdk>\lib\tools.jar

Check if u r missing the following line in httpd.conf:
Include "<your path>\conf\tomcat-apache.conf"

Nishit
Internet Programmer
Planet Access Networks
973-691-4704 Ext:157