Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> on 2017/11/16 17:26:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Allow Anonymous Logins with JDBC Module??

So, periodically something along these lines rears it head on the mailing
lists, most often with folks asking about the noauth extension.  Frequently
the problem that the user is trying to solve can be dealt with in other
ways (e.g. LDAP authentication + Guacamole tokens), but not always.

Since the noauth module is deprecated and on its way to being removed, I'm
wondering what everyone thinks about adding the capability to the JDBC
module to enable anonymous logins and be able to explicitly allow anonymous
users to access a particular connection?  Or at least be able to assign a
connection to "anonymous users" in JDBC, even if the JDBC module itself
does not provide authentication of anonymous users and anonymous access has
to be implemented through a separate extension?

Obviously this has some implications that need to be carefully considered,
so I'm not necessarily suggesting it as a feature at the moment, just
wanted to throw it out for discussion and see what opinions exist on the
topic.

-Nick