Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jon <ja...@i-2000.com> on 2001/02/11 02:52:19 UTC

**** How do I configure Tomcat for use with j2ee ****

What do I need to do to getTomcat to work with enterprise architectures?  Can it be done at all or do I have to use a weblogic or something comparable?  Download j2ee and include jar files in classpath?  Or is there more?  How must I organize directory structures?

Re: **** How do I configure Tomcat for use with j2ee ****

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@betaversion.org>.
Jon,

I believe the "Tomcat Documentation" in tomcat\doc will be useful to have your
questions answered.  It has "Tomcat User's Guide" on how to install, configure,
and deploy Tomcat and also "Developing Application With Tomcat" which explains
the steps required to build and deploy web apps within Tomcat.  Hope this helps.

Amy

Posted by Tom Woteki <dr...@woteki.com>.
In addition to the online documentation
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/index.html) there
are several good books that cover these questions. See for example, ³Web
Development with Java Server Pages² by Fields & Kolb.

Posted by James Leone <jl...@usc.edu>.
What have you tried?  Tomcat relies on many of the libraries that come with
SE.  For instance when I start up Tomcat it loads /jdk1.3/lib/tool.jar but
it looks like thats about if from the java directory.

I would give it a shot by just swapping out the JAVA_HOME defined when you
run bin/startup.  See what happens?  May work if you copy some jar files if
they are not included in SE.