Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Verdin <ve...@agrocampus-rennes.fr> on 2004/10/12 11:11:21 UTC

Installing Saxon

Hi,

I'm new to customizing Cocoon, so I may ask questions whose answers are
obvious. So sorry in advance.

So I want to install Saxon because I keep getting errors like :

"org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Attempt to modify attribute at
illegal index: -1"

As I use large files (200 to 600 Ko) I read somewhere in cocoon doc that
it was due to xalan bugd.

So, I read the cocoon Wiki about installing Saxon, but it doesn't work.

Cocoon doesn't find my processor.

So :

1- Do I have to make something special with the Saxon archive I
downloaded except copying the jar file in lib/local ?

2- Are the configuration informations in the Wiki still up to date ?

Many thanks in advance.

David

--
************************************
David Verdin

Re: Installing Saxon

Posted by David Verdin <ve...@agrocampus-rennes.fr>.
Many thanks for your answers, by the way !

--
************************************

Re: Installing Saxon

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    David> So, I read the cocoon Wiki about installing Saxon, but it
    David> doesn't work.

Which version of Saxon are you using?

    David> Cocoon doesn't find my processor.

    David> So :

    David> 1- Do I have to make something special with the Saxon
    David> archive I downloaded except copying the jar file in
    David> lib/local ?

No.

    David> 2- Are the configuration informations in the Wiki still up
    David> to date ?

Probably not.
Saxon 8 works fine for me. You have to edit cocoon.xconf:

  <component logger="core.xslt-processor"
             role="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/saxon"
             class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl">
     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
  </component>

 and then edit your sitemaps to use the saxon processor:

  <map:transformers default="xslt-saxon">
      <map:transformer name="xslt-saxon" pool-grow="2" pool-max="32" pool-min="8"
		       src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer">
	<use-request-parameters>false</use-request-parameters>
	<use-browser-capabilities-db>false</use-browser-capabilities-db>
	<xslt-processor-role>saxon</xslt-processor-role>
      </map:transformer>
  </map:transformers>

--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: Installing Saxon

Posted by David Verdin <ve...@agrocampus-rennes.fr>.
OK.
That's the proff : you can spend three hours trying to do something and
still completely miss a point.
Like, for example, forgetting to restart cocoon after changing its
configuration...

Sorry for these two useless mails. I think I'll go take a nap before
restart working.

--