Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Cheng Hok Man, Match" <ch...@hong-kong.sema.slb.com> on 2002/12/17 18:37:25 UTC

MySQL Strange Problem

Hi,
	I had setup the jetspeed 1.4b3 on Tomcat 4.1.12, jdk1.4.0_01,
Windows 2000 Server with MySQL 3.23.53.
	Everything is smooth.

	Then, I put the same jar on the other machine with nearly the
same environment but Windows 2000 professional. I got the following
error when I started it.

Horrible Exception:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.LoginException: Failed to get
anonymous user: org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.UserException:
Failed to retrieve user 'anon': Invalid value for getInt() - 'b'
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getA
nonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:225)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(Jet
speedAuthentication.java:107)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedS
ecurity.java:159)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(T
emplateSessionValidator.java:97)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(J
etspeedSessionValidator.java:103)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:521)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:684)

	I try to trace the source code and it should be related to the
database problem. When I moved back to HSQL, no problem. When I switched
again to MySQL, one machine had no problems while another one had.

	I also checked my database and all tables and data should be
created properly. Any idea to fix it?
Match.

Re: Preivew and Full Size.

Posted by Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com>.
Here's an example of a Velocity template that does what you want.  By
default, it displays a list of article summaries, in this case mocked up by
a #foreach loop.  Each summary has a "more" link that adds a query parameter
with the article ID and references the default (presumably current)
template.  If the template sees the article ID, then it shows the full text
of the selected article.

-- Michael