Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Jerome Boulon <jb...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/04/20 21:23:33 UTC

Conf directory and Templates

Hi,

Can we define some guideline on what should be named .template and what
shouldn't?

chukwa-demux-conf.xml.template has been renamed to chukwa-demux-conf.xml
mdl.xml.template has been renamed to mdl.xml

Both files contains information that can be removed/update by the end-user
to configure either Demux or DbLoader, for me those 2 files are config files
similar to hadoop-metrics.properties.template. So why renaming them?

In my mind, everything that can be configured should be in a .template.

A script to process all templates files and output the right configuration
file based on a property file could be created.

Thanks,
  Jerome.

Re: Conf directory and Templates

Posted by Jerome Boulon <jb...@yahoo-inc.com>.
conf-table-latest.doc is your proposal.

chuwa-demux-conf contains both User (non-developer) related configuration like all aliases and developer configuration like number of reducer.

What's the difference between hadoop-metrics and chuwa-demux-conf?

/Jerome.

On 4/20/09 12:34 PM, "Eric Yang" <ey...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

There is a guideline.  See:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-112

Read conf-table-latest.doc for more information.

User (non-developer) related configuration should have .template.  Developer
config file should not contain .template, i.e. chukwa-demux-conf.xml, and
mdl.xml.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.