Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by velicheti jayaprakash <ve...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 16:59:00 UTC

Checkout issue

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed subversion binary for apache 2.2. Then i
typed in command prompt the checkout. The following happened.

C:\Documents and Settings\velechjn>svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webser
vices/axis2/trunk/java axis2
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java': could not
connect to
 server (http://svn.apache.org)

And then i tried putting svn in place of http and tried the following

C:\Documents and Settings\velechjn>svn co
svn://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webserv
ices/axis2/trunk/java axis2
svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.apache.org': A connection attempt failed
because
 the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
establi
shed connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Do i have to do any other settings for checkout? Do i have to enter username
password for any kind of authentication? Please help me out. Any kind of
help would be appreciated.

Regards,
jayaprakash

Re: Checkout issue

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
velicheti jayaprakash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded and installed subversion binary for apache 2.2. Then i
> typed in command prompt the checkout. The following happened.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\velechjn>svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webser
> vices/axis2/trunk/java axis2
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java': could not
> connect to
>  server (http://svn.apache.org)
>
> And then i tried putting svn in place of http and tried the following
>

> C:\Documents and Settings\velechjn>svn co
> svn://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webserv
> ices/axis2/trunk/java axis2
> svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.apache.org <http://svn.apache.org>': A
> connection attempt failed because
>  the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
> establi
> shed connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
>

> Do i have to do any other settings for checkout? Do i have to enter
> username password for any kind of authentication? Please help me out.
> Any kind of help would be appreciated.

First of all, please don't start a new thread when you posted another one that
people have responded to.

It looks like there may be a proxy or something in the way preventing the WebDAV
commands from getting through.

Try using the HTTPS url which avoids this issue but slows down checkout speed:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java

Regards,
Blair