Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by airflowuser <ai...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/29 08:48:35 UTC

Will Airflow 2.0.0 support Python 2.7?

Are there plans to drop support for Python 2.7 - if so when ?

Re: Will Airflow 2.0.0 support Python 2.7?

Posted by Dan Davydov <dd...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
I think we should probably drop Python2.7 support for 2.0 since it will be
quite a large undertaking and I expect it to take a long time to complete
since we should batch as many as the non-backwards incompatible changes we
want to make as possible. Even if we drop support a little bit earlier than
Jan 1 2020 I don't think it's the end of the world (since users can just
use older package versions).

Posted by Arthur Wiedmer <ar...@apache.org>.
For what it's worth I do not think you are wrong.

Given that we are definitely depending on a large ecosystem of packages,
some of which might drop support next year, it might make sense to at least
announce deprecation in 2.0 and deprecate in 3.0.

3.0 could happen early 2020 though.

Best,
Arthur

Posted by airflowuser <ai...@protonmail.com.INVALID>.