Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hu...@cern.ch on 2008/10/09 15:01:04 UTC

Unable to selectively restrict access in authz

Hello,

I have defined the following authz file:

[/]
* = r
guest =

However this does NOT restrict users to check out (svn+ssh) using the
guest account.

I also use svnweb and Trac, on svnweb it does not work either, but in
Trac guest have no read access.

I am using subversion 1.4.6 and httpd 2.0

What is the formal definition for this authz file? is user guest supposed
to be able to read or not??

Thanks, hugo

RE: Unable to selectively restrict access in authz

Posted by mi...@gmail.com.
> Hello,
>
> I have defined the following authz file:
>
> [/]
> * = r
> guest =
>
> However this does NOT restrict users to check out (svn+ssh) using the
> guest account.

I had the same problem. After setting anon-access = none in svnserv.conf will work as I expect.

However, I am confused with the relation between anon-access and rules in authz.
As the above example, guest is authenticated by --tunnel-user, why does anon-access apply to this access instead of the "guest = " rule ?