Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by fa...@rohde-schwarz.com on 2018/09/04 06:27:50 UTC

TomEE Performance

Hey,

we have been running some performance tests with our application (TomEE 7.0.5
based) and are stuck:

Until 4 core VMs (or docker containers) we see a linear increase in
performance, which is great and was anticipated.

But after 4 cores, we barely get 10% (with 8 cores) more performance of the
system.

We used jmeter based load tests (SOAP calls) with 10/20/30/40 and 100 threads,
VM to VM via 1gbit, and 4 GB of RAM.

We played around with session bean pool sizes (min set to thread count, max to
1000) and stateful bean pool settings and also with jvm heap size and GC
parameters, to no avail.

Are there any more performance parameters we can toy around with in TomEE or
Tomcat that you can recommend?

Thank you and best

Fabian

Re: TomEE Performance

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi,

Around SOAP, there are a couple of possible optimizations.
What would be helpful is to get into the docker container when you are over
the linear zone and get a jstack of the tomee process.
Post it here or in gist and put the link here.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro