Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2018/08/24 15:08:39 UTC

Managing accounts/passwords for the Fineract project

Hey all,

I asked on the Apache comdev list about other ideas for how to manage
passwords and accounts:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/62bfb3a74484312afb4f9eb2387a6f58ea36e20a171d88fdb785378c@%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E

Ideas included:
* using an svn private area
* using an svn private area and encrypting the password with the keys
of the PMC members
* using LastPass (and paying 48$ for it)
* using https://www.passwordstore.org/
* asking one of the password managers for freebies

We are only talking about one account with low value at this point.
And I don't think most of our committers know how to use svn (or are
particularly motivated to learn).  Given those facts, I recommend we
continue to use our confluence private area for now.

If anyone else has ideas or preferences, I welcome them.

Best Regards,
Myrle

Re: Managing accounts/passwords for the Fineract project

Posted by Ebenezer Graham <eg...@alustudent.com>.
Hi Myrle,

Thanks for looking it to this.

Bitwarden would have been perfect but one thing I noticed is that the free
offer has the following limitations

FreeFor testing or personal users to share with 1 other user.• Limited to 2
users (including you)• Limited to 2 collections

I second the idea of keeping it in the private area for now. I will
continue to look out for ways to securely share the password

*At your service,*

*Ebenezer Graham*

*BSc (Hons) Computing*

[image: EmailSignature.png]

African Leadership University,

Power Mill Road, Pamplemousses,

Mauritius.

​
*skype*:
​ebenezer.graham
GitHub <https://github.com/ebenezergraham> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebenezer-graham/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/pactmart> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pactmart>
www.pactmart.com | Freelancing made easy.

*“Talk is cheap, show me the code.” *- *Linus Torvalds*

Posted by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com>.
Hi Myrle,