Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Stan Pinte <st...@wanadoo.be> on 2001/08/20 11:35:51 UTC

HELP! on VelocityPortlet Turbine integration

hello,

I have posted twice this month a help message on the problem I am having. I
guess I was unclear in my problem desc, because I got no answer. This is a
technical problem related to the ded list, but maybe some user will have
experienced the same.

I have a running turbine application, with a classical Screen -> Actions ->
Templates flow.

I would like to make a portlet to plug that application into a jetspeed
portal.

Therefore, I must modify the VelocityPortlet class that I find in the last
Turbine CVS. (enclosed in that mail my source code)

I must modify this class, because otherwise my screens ( java classes ) are
not getting called when the portlet is invoked. Only the .vm files are
called in the current version.

The problem I have is that my first screen inherits from
VelocitySecureScreen, and in the method isAuthorized, I have the following:

   boolean isAuthorized = false;

         AccessControlList acl = data.getACL();

         if (acl == null)
         {
             String previousTemplate = data.getScreenTemplate();

//                      System.out.println("screen template: " +
previousTemplate);

             data.getSession().setAttribute(UI_KEY, previousTemplate);
             data.setScreenTemplate("Login.vm");
             return false;
         } else
         {
             return true;
         }

So, if the user is not logged in, I redirect the user toward a login
screen. This causes an exception, and, moreover, I receive an exception
because the Turbine engine doesn't find the default.vm layout template...

I think I have made some mistakes in the usage of the turbine framework, as
default.vm jetspeed layout exists...

Could someone that understands how jetspeed work tell me what I can and
what I cannot do with the Turbine API's, in the VelocityPortlet?

thanks a lot,

Stan.

Stanislas Pinte
Computer Consultant