Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Antonio Zippo <re...@yahoo.it> on 2008/11/21 10:55:49 UTC

Highlighting wildcards

Hi,

i'm using solr 1.3.0 and SolrJ for my java application

I need to highlight my query words even if I use wildcards

for example
q=tele*

i need to highlight words as "television", "telephone", etc....

I found this thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200704.mbox/%3COF8C6E2423.F20BAA06-ONC12572C6.003FC377-C12572C6.00427F8F@ibs.se%3E

but i have not understood ho to solve my problem

could anyone tell me how to solve the problem with SolrJ....  and with solr web (by url)?

thanks in advance,
   Revenge

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo

Re: Highlighting wildcards

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 21-Nov-08, at 3:45 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

> To do it now, you'd have to switch the query parser to using the old
> style wildcard (and/or prefix) query, which is slower on large
> indexes and has max clause issues.

An alternative is to query for q=tele?*, which forces wildcardquery

-Mike

Re: Highlighting wildcards

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.