Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2003/08/31 15:44:14 UTC

Re: subversion on win

Hi Jwahar,

On Sunday 31 August 2003 17:01, Jwahar Bammi wrote:
> Sorry to bother you, I was not sure who submits the binaries for
> Subversion for win32: I am presuming its you, as I see your name
> against most submissions.

It's usually Branko (brane) who provides the binaries (see:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91 ).

I just make the distro out of them.

> Were you planning on doing v 0.28. Since it's a big change, and
> Tortoise has already gone over, I was hoping that we would have the
> binaries soon to make the repository migration.

I don't know if it will come out a 0.28.x version.
If it does, then it will come out when someone (probably Branko) have
tested the binaries he have compiled and when they are submitted.

In the mean time, I recommend you to just use the newest TortoiseSVN on
the client side and  Subversion 0.27.0 on the server side (when both are
on Windows).

> Again, Thanks for your efforts with the win32 binaries,

Thanks to Branko..
Anyway, thanks for using Subversion! :-)

Jostein
--

Jostein Chr. Andersen <jo...@josander.net> http://www.josander.net/

Public PGP Key:
Key: http://www.josander.net/pub_keys/jostein_josander.net.asc

Re: subversion on win

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Sunday 31 August 2003 19:00, Garret Wilson wrote:
> Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> > I don't know if it will come out a 0.28.x version.
>
> That's a shame, especially because 0.28.x is the version that fixed
> the Win32 client "\r\n" bug that prevented all SSL checkouts (unless
> you modify the config files).
>
> It would be somewhat paradoxical if the Subversion release that fixes
> a crucial Win32 client bug were not itself be available as a Win32
> client...

You are right, but this is still alpha (or pre Jurassic beta) code.
On the other hand: -The last TortoiseSvn and RapidSVN are both based upon
the 0.28 version -  and the 0.29 version are estimated to come out in
about one week.

Jostein

Re: subversion on win

Posted by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com>.
Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> I don't know if it will come out a 0.28.x version.

That's a shame, especially because 0.28.x is the version that fixed the
Win32 client "\r\n" bug that prevented all SSL checkouts (unless you
modify the config files).

It would be somewhat paradoxical if the Subversion release that fixes a
crucial Win32 client bug were not itself be available as a Win32 client...

;)

Later,

Garret