Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Syed Abdul Kather <in...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/13 08:39:05 UTC

Snapshot from cold storage store and continues with latest data from biglog

Hi Team,

We have on-board a few tables that have really huge number of records (100
M records ). The plan is like enable the binlog for database that is no
issues as stream can handle the load  . But for loading the snapshot . We
have use sqoop to import whole table to s3.

What we required here?
 Can we load the whole dump sqooped record to hudi table then we would use
the stream(binlog data comes vai kafka)

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER
         *Bigdata Lead@Tathastu.ai*
*           +91-7411011661*

Re: Snapshot from cold storage store and continues with latest data from biglog

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Syed, as Vinoth mentioned, the HoodieSnapshotCopier is meant for this
purpose

You may also read more on the RFC-9, which plans to introduce a
backward-compatible tool to cover HoodieSnapshotCopier
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/RFC+-+09+%3A+Hudi+Dataset+Snapshot+Exporter
Unfortunately I'm not actively working on this. If you're interested free
feel to pick it up. I'd be happy to help with that.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Syed,

Posted by Syed Abdul Kather <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.