Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/12 23:15:10 UTC

Mentor Question -- Release and Pom File

Hi,

In order to have mvn release function, I had to update the POM file as per
PIRK-50; a PR is in the queue. There are still more items that could be
added (as per
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/pom/tags/apache-18/pom.xml?view=markup),
but it's a basic step in the right direction (at least mvn release:prepare
works now).

An additional question for getting 'mvn release:perform' to function: It
appears that we need to include an additional repo in the pom for releasing
in order for 'mvn release:perform' to function correctly. NiFi seems to use
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases. Should we do
the same?

I will wait to cut the release branch until we can get the POM correct for
releasing (i.e. accept the PIRK-50 PR, adding in the info dictated by the
answer for the question above ).

Thanks,

Ellison Anne

Re: Mentor Question -- Release and Pom File

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
Yep - that did it - thanks!

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Ok, each project does it a little different.

Cool, we'll leave POM as it now.

Filing an Infra ticket now to purge the release artifacts.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.