Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by Holger Grandy <Ho...@bmw-carit.de> on 2010/07/22 09:24:29 UTC

Etch C binding commit to ASF

Hello,

it took some time (sorry for that), but now we have committed our modified
c binding implementation to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/etch/branches/etch-c

The implementation is in the binding-c directory, structured just like the other bindings.
Our small hello world example (showing interoperability of C and Java bindings) is in the
examples directory. The c binding compiler build is integrated into the ant build (we had to
locally remove the csharp binding from the build.xml, because it breaks the build when no mono
and stuff is available - at least on my machine...)

I would suggest we leave it in this branch for a couple of weeks for you to have a closer look.
Afterwards - if all are happy with it - we would suggest to integrate it into trunk and then
push everything we have into release 1.1. We plan to add other stuff (e.g. wireshark plugin) next.
Next steps for the c binding would be build (still visual studio 2005 only), linux makefiles and
some other stuff. Perhaps one of you can pick up those?

Kind regards,
Holger and Michael

Re: Etch C binding commit to ASF

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@mac.com>.
Thanks, Holger! I now have a build from trunk going on my machine. I will switch to your branch and check it out.

Scott out

Sent from my iPad