Posted to user@tajo.apache.org by Christian Schwabe <Ch...@gmx.com> on 2014/09/18 19:48:54 UTC

Cluster setup :: HDFS :: Fully Distributed Mode

Hello together,

after yesterday's success that the queries run now, today, a new chapter has begun in this story.
I've borrowed me a second MacBook and now wants to call a second worker into life. Of course, I have read the necessary documentation (http://tajo.apache.org/docs/current/configuration/cluster_setup.html,
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html).
In addition I have, however, questions of comprehension.

If I now want to run the cluster it needs to run a HDFS on every node? Correct?
I would be interested in how to setup a cluster.
How to set up a HDFS for a quick start?

   How did you set up your cluster?

 When I look at the necessary configuration I honestly do not clear know what the variables mean and how do I change these entries.

<property>
  <name>tajo.rootdir</name>
  <value>hdfs://hostname:port/tajo</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>tajo.master.umbilical-rpc.address</name>
  <value>hostname:26001</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>tajo.master.client-rpc.address</name>
  <value>hostname:26002</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>tajo.resource-tracker.rpc.address</name>
  <value>hostname:26003</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>tajo.catalog.client-rpc.address</name>
  <value>hostname:26005</value>
</property>

Can you explain me in more details what steps I need to do to link the Macbooks with each other?
I would be very grateful if you could assist me on this subject.

Best regards,
Chris