Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 19:58:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted upon.

We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
the stability and correctness of this release,
and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
5.0.18 to readiness.

A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.

The files are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and a Maven repository:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/

Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
5.0.18, is ready.

I've also created a 5.0.18 tag in Subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.18/

On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
the proper distribution directories.

Vote will run for seven days (until Thu 11 2008); on success I'll move
the voted artifacts into place and send out appropriate notifications.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Jérôme BERNARD <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Jerome

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 19:58, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
> the stability and correctness of this release,
> and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
> disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
> 5.0.18 to readiness.
>
> A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.
>
> The files are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-releases/>
>
> and a Maven repository:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/>
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
> 5.0.18, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.18 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.18/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
> the proper distribution directories.
>
> Vote will run for seven days (until Thu 11 2008); on success I'll move
> the voted artifacts into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Jerome Bernard,
Director, EMEA Operations,
Elastic Grid, LLC.
Site: http://www.elastic-grid.com
Blog: http://blog.elastic-grid.com

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Martijn Brinkers <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Geoff Callender <ge...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if the difference is that you're not redirecting to a new page?
>
> Here we are too invalidating a session for a logout... no problem
> here. I'm checking if there's something related to the redirect
> question.

Didn't tried your exact peace of code but here we got no issue so far.

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Ok, we aren't using the ASO's in the logout event handlers in any of the
projects :)

I think that this definitely is worth of JIRA, but does this mean 5.0.19?
Don't know. Have you filed a JIRA issue already?

 - Ville

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
It turns out that if an event handler invalidates the session, it has
to nullify only those ASOs that it (the handler) has used.

Here's the requested example.  It fails unless we either:
(a) comment out the first line of onActionFromLogOut() because it
references _myASO; or
(b) un-comment the line that sets _myASO to null.

It seems this is an unintended consequence of TAP5-399?

	<a t:type="actionlink" t:id="LogOut" href="#">Log Out</a>

Posted by Marcelo Lotif <ml...@gmail.com>.
Marcelo Lotif: +1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Geoff Callender <
geoff.callender.jumpstart@gmail.com> wrote:

> +0 (non-binding)
> A JumpStart user has just found a validation problem with FormFragments in
> IE. Not sure if this should be considered an ugly enough error to avoid
> having in a Final release.  See
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-410 .
>
> Regarding the _visit ASO problem (see below), I'll try to provide a simple
> example.  In the meantime, anyone can replicate it by downloading the
> current JumpStart (3.19.1), modifying the web/build.xml and business.xml to
> get the T5.0.18 jars, then log in to the app and log out. It will fail right
> there.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff
>

> On 11/12/2008, at 12:11 AM, Ville Virtanen wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> we have exactly the same setup -> invalidate session + redirect to login,
>> and have no such problems. (Four production systems that I have played
>> with
>> all seem to be fine.)
>>
>> The documentation says:
>> Assigning a value to an ASO field will store that value. Assigning null to
>> an ASO field will remove the ASO (reading the field subsequently will
>> force
>> a new ASO instance to be created).
>>
>> so it is a bug if we can replicate. Can you provide simple page that
>> replicates this? (Two pages?)
>>
>> - Ville
>>

>> Geoff Callender-2 wrote:
>>

>>> Wow. I finally found time to take a closer look. The solution was to
>>> do as Massimo did: nullify the _visit ASO before leaving the page.
>>> This is a new requirement in 3.0.18.  the code worked fine before.
>>>
>>> Is this is a side-effect of fixing
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-399
>>>  ?
>>>
>>> Some more info - it seems it doesn't matter whether the _visit ASO is
>>> nullified before invalidating the session or after  invalidating the
>>> session - the important thing is to nullify it before returning.  I
>>> have other non-null ASOs but I don't have to do anything with them.
>>> I'd guess that this practise is required for any non-null ASO used in
>>> the current page or perhaps the next rendered page.
>>>
>>> On 10/12/2008, at 5:35 AM, Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva wrote:
>>>
>>>  No problems using this piece of code, now I put it exactly as you

Atenciosamente,

Marcelo Lotif
Programador Java e Tapestry
FIEC - Federação das Indústrias do Estado do Ceará
(85) 3421-5910

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
+0 (non-binding)
  .

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Hi,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@mac.com>.

Posted by Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva <es...@gmail.com>.
Geoff,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
-1 (non-binding)

Posted by Marcus Veloso <mv...@gmail.com>.
Marcus Veloso: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Daniel Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
> the stability and correctness of this release,
> and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
> disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
> 5.0.18 to readiness.
>
> A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.
>
> The files are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-releases/>
>
> and a Maven repository:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/>
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
> 5.0.18, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.18 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.18/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
> the proper distribution directories.
>
> Vote will run for seven days (until Thu 11 2008); on success I'll move
> the voted artifacts into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Daniel Gredler
http://daniel.gredler.net/

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [SUCCESS] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I just got to look at this today.  Looks good.

+1 (non-binding)

--
Kevin

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
Works great with my apps!

Filip S. Adamsen: +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva <es...@gmail.com>.
Estevam Henrique Portela Mota e Silva: +1

Thanks!

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.
liigo: +1 (non-binding)

on Fri, 05 Dec 2008 02:58:01 +0800,Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>

使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.
Upgraded, adapted to the recent changes and there where no problems!
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ned Jackson Lovely <nj...@njl.us>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted upon.
>
> We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
> the stability and correctness of this release,
> and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
> disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
> 5.0.18 to readiness.
>
> A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.
>
> The files are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and a Maven repository:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
> 5.0.18, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.18 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.18/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
> the proper distribution directories.
>
> Vote will run for seven days (until Thu 11 2008); on success I'll move
> the voted artifacts into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

njl

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
Andreas Andreou: +1 (binding)

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:28 PM, SergeEby <sd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Works fine with tapestry5-appfuse
>
> +1 non-binding
>
> /Serge
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted
>> upon.
>>
>> We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
>> the stability and correctness of this release,
>> and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
>> disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
>> 5.0.18 to readiness.
>>
>> A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.
>>
>> The files are uploaded to:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>>
>> and a Maven repository:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/
>>
>> Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
>> 5.0.18, is ready.
>>
>> I've also created a 5.0.18 tag in Subversion:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.18/
>>
>> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
>> the proper distribution directories.
>>
>> Vote will run for seven days (until Thu 11 2008); on success I'll move
>> the voted artifacts into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>>
>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by SergeEby <sd...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by David Solis <ds...@gmail.com>.
David Solis: +1

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted upon.
>
> We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
> the stability and correctness of this release,
> and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
> disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
> 5.0.18 to readiness.
>
> A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (non-binding)

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Jesse Kuhnert: +1 (binding)

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.0.18, ready to be voted upon.
>
> We've had the combined experience period of 5.0.16 and 5.0.17 to vet
> the stability and correctness of this release,
> and 5.0.18 is ready to be the final Tapestry 5.0 release.  If you
> disagree, please vote -1 and offer a plan to bring
> 5.0.18 to readiness.
>
> A +1 vote is to make  5.0.18 available as the FINAL 5.0 release.
>
> The files are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and a Maven repository:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-ibiblio-rsynch-repository/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if a new preview release,
> 5.0.18, is ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.0.18 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.0.18/
>
> On a successful vote, I'll move the files from these directories to
> the proper distribution directories.
>
> Vote will run for seven days (until Thu 11 2008); on success I'll move
> the voted artifacts into place and send out appropriate notifications.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer

Re: [VOTE] Release 5.0.18 as FINAL 5.0 release

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Davor Hrg +1(non-binding)

Tried it in my apps, no visible problems...

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
+1