Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/09 22:57:49 UTC

remote repositories verse proxy connectors...??

I am trying to crate a project mirror where my team only accesses our
repository. But I am now having issues getting "
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/" resources like dashboard-plugin.

Here is my proxy connector setting:
Proxy Connector

Codehaus-Maven-Snapshot

Codehaus-Maven-Snapshot

http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2
Proxy Connector

codehaus

Codehaus Snapshots

http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/
 Expand<http://rc-sun66e.ut.dentegra.lab:8080/archiva/admin/proxyConnectors.action#>

THen I still get this error:

  org.codehaus.mojo:dashboard-maven-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  dap.internal (
http://rc-sun66e.ut.dentegra.lab:8080/archiva/repository/internal/),
  dap.snapshots (
http://rc-sun66e.ut.dentegra.lab:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/)

[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to build
project for plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:dashboard-maven-plugin': POM '
org.codehaus.mo
jo:dashboard-maven-plugin' not found in repository: Unable to download the
artifact from any repository

  org.codehaus.mojo:dashboard-maven-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  dap.internal (
http://rc-sun66e.ut.dentegra.lab:8080/archiva/repository/internal/),
  dap.snapshots (
http://rc-sun66e.ut.dentegra.lab:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/)
 for project org.codehaus.mojo:dashboard-maven-plugin
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1274)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1221)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:987)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.InvalidPluginException: Unable to build
project for plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:dashboard-maven-plugin': POM '
org.codehaus
.mojo:dashboard-maven-plugin' not found in repository: Unable to download
the artifact from any repository

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: remote repositories verse proxy connectors...??

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Mick,

I was able to get the dashboard-maven-plugin via a proxy so there must be
something wrong with your current configuration..

Anyway, I've detailed below what you need to configure in Archiva and in
your settings.xml:
------------
1. Create a local proxy repo (e.g. managed repo) or you could just use
Archiva's pre-configured managed repo 'snapshots' as the proxy.
2. Create a remote repository--this is the one you want to proxy. In your
case, it's the Codehaus snapshots repo. Let's say you've set it's repo ID as
'codehaus.snapshots'.
3. In the Proxy Connectors page, create a new proxy connector. For the
Managed Repo field, set it's value to 'snapshots', and for the Remote Repo
field set the value to 'codehaus.snapshots'. Then save the proxy connector.
4. In your settings.xml file, add the following in the <pluginRepositories>
section:

   <pluginRepository>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <name>Snapshots Repo</name>
      <url>http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/</url>
    </pluginRepository>

and if you don't have the 'guest' user account activated for the 'snapshots'
repository, you need to specify this in the <servers> section of your
settings.xml file as well:

    <server>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <username>USERNAME</username>
      <password>PASSWORD</password>
    </server>

The username and password must be the Archiva user credentials which has
either the Repository Manager or Repository Observer role for the
'snapshots' repo.

Please verify what you've already got configured with the configuration
above..

HTH,
Deng

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.