Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/02/05 16:16:29 UTC

Suggestion to add a binary zip/tar distributable

I think there is no binary distribution zip/tar for textmarker?  I think it
might be wanted - for users who want to download the engine (which is a UIMA
Annotator), the example project, and maybe some other things.  This would let
them assemble an application which included running TextMarker, without relying
on Maven and/or Eclipse.

We do this with most of our addons projects, as well as with our main uimaj,
uima-as, uima-cpp components.

There's a pre-configured build setup that the addons use, which you could
probably reuse, and share much of the configuration for doing this already in
the uima-wide parent-pom.

-Marshall

Re: Suggestion to add a binary zip/tar distributable

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
On 05.02.2013 16:16, Marshall Schor wrote:
> I think there is no binary distribution zip/tar for textmarker?  I think it
> might be wanted - for users who want to download the engine (which is a UIMA
> Annotator), the example project, and maybe some other things.  This would let
> them assemble an application which included running TextMarker, without relying
> on Maven and/or Eclipse.
>
> We do this with most of our addons projects, as well as with our main uimaj,
> uima-as, uima-cpp components.
>
> There's a pre-configured build setup that the addons use, which you could
> probably reuse, and share much of the configuration for doing this already in
> the uima-wide parent-pom.

I will prepare something for the next RC.

Peter