Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Damien Raude-Morvan <dr...@drazzib.com> on 2009/08/13 09:25:22 UTC

[DBCP] Commons DBCP : new release ?

Hi,

I'm member of Linux Debian Java packaging team.

We are currently slowly graduating to OpenJDK-6 as default JVM and Commons
DBCP 1.2.X doesn't currently build with its JDBC4 API.

I know that current trunk (1.3.X ?) build and run fine as I'm using it at
work
for load testing but I want to know if there is an release ETA for 1.3
(before
taking an SVN snapshot as release) ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Damien Raude-Morvan / http://damien.raude-morvan.com/

Re: [DBCP] Commons DBCP : new release ?

Posted by Damien Raude-Morvan <da...@raude-morvan.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 06:24:38 -0400, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> We do not have an ETA, but we are close.  Watch this list for release
> plans, RCs, etc.
>
> Reports on any issues that you may have observed running the code in
> trunk would be most appreciated.

We are not using any "advanced features" of DBCP : just as DataSource
provider for Tomcat.
AFAIK, we have had no issues with current trunk code.

I'll certainly upload a trunk snapshot to our "unstable" distribution to
get wider testing.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 06:24:38 -0400, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> We do not have an ETA, but we are close.
>> Watch this list for release plans, RCs, etc.
>> Reports on any issues that you may have observed running the code
>> in trunk would be most appreciated.
>
> We are not using any "advanced features" of DBCP : just using it as
> DataSource provider for Tomcat.
> AFAIK, we have had no issues with current trunk code.
>
> I'll certainly upload a trunk snapshot to our "unstable" distribution. It
> may help getting wider community testing.

That sounds great. Many thanks.

Mark

Re: [DBCP] Commons DBCP : new release ?

Posted by Damien Raude-Morvan <dr...@drazzib.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm member of Linux Debian Java packaging team.
>
> We are currently slowly graduating to OpenJDK-6 as default JVM and Commons
> DBCP 1.2.X doesn't currently build with its JDBC4 API.
>
> I know that current trunk (1.3.X ?) build and run fine as I'm using it at
> work
> for load testing but I want to know if there is an release ETA for 1.3
> (before
> taking an SVN snapshot as release) ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer.

We do not have an ETA, but we are close.  Watch this list for release
plans, RCs, etc.

Reports on any issues that you may have observed running the code in
trunk would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil