Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Dino Georgopoulos <di...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/03 23:20:48 UTC

Hello,

I noticed activity on master recently with references to log4j.  For eg
https://github.com/apache/directory-server/commit/272c7c3686e8177f4f056983d294205bfa1a46c5
.

Any chance this is related to moving off of log4j version 1?
If so, is there a timeline for when this'll make it into a release.

Thanks in advance!
Dino

Re:

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dino,

On 04/03/2022 00:20, Dino Georgopoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed activity on master recently with references to log4j.  For eg
> https://github.com/apache/directory-server/commit/272c7c3686e8177f4f056983d294205bfa1a46c5
> <https://github.com/apache/directory-server/commit/272c7c3686e8177f4f056983d294205bfa1a46c5>.
>
> Any chance this is related to moving off of log4j version 1?

No, this is still an effort we need to do. We are just making sure we
use the latest Log41 1 version.

> If so, is there a timeline for when this'll make it into a release.

This is a huge effort, and it will require some workforce. As anyone can
participate, we very welcome contributions related to such a change.

Thanks !

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50