Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anto Marky <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/18 16:12:23 UTC

svn revert question

Hi,

I am new to SVN, one of my user has mistakenly updated my testing server
using svn update from the root directory. It has added, updated and deleted
a lot of files which are not supposed to be, Is there any way I can revert
back to the previous state? Its an emergency, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Marky

Re: svn revert question

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, svn up -r '{date}' will actually update it to the latest revision as
of that date. It is equivalent to svn up -r <rev> where <rev> is the latest
rev for that date.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.tour.revs.specifiers.html#svn.tour.revs.dates

If you had different files at different revisions, then you might want to
update them individually (as per Ryan's example to update a particular
file).

-Hari

Re: svn revert question

Posted by Anto Marky <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan/ Tony,

Re: svn revert question

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: svn revert question

Posted by Anto Marky <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

The files of the previous state were not of the same revision, each one had
a different revision as the files were updated individually with different
revision number. Is there any way I can use the svn switch to a previous
date using the svn switch '{' DATE '}' commanks and?

Thanks and Regards
Martin.M

Re: svn revert question

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.