Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2014/07/14 11:33:41 UTC

Re: [Subversion Wiki] Update of "SavePoints" by BenReser

Hi Ben.

I added a few questions about the Stash and Checkpoint ideas, at the end of the page.

- Julian

On 18 June 2014:

> The "SavePoints" page has been changed by BenReser:
> https://wiki.apache.org/subversion/SavePoints
>
>   == Design: SavePoints ==
>
> + There are many client side features that people have desired with Subversion
> that require the ability to store the state of a working copy without committing
> to the repository.  This document exists to try and flush out a design for the
> save point feature from which we can build such features.
[...]

Re: [Subversion Wiki] Update of "SavePoints" by BenReser

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 7/14/14 2:33 AM, Julian Foad wrote:
> I added a few questions about the Stash and Checkpoint ideas, at the end of the page.

Thanks for the questions.  I've been thinking about your questions but haven't
completed clear answers yet.  I have a relatively clear idea of how this stuff
should work but it's not simple to explain.  So it'll take some time to answer
the questions.