Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bharath Kumar <bh...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/07 23:21:09 UTC

Unique key field type in solr 6.1 schema

Hi All,

I have an issue with cross data center replication, when we delete the
document by id from the main site. The target site document is not deleted.
I have the id field which is a unique field for my schema which is
configured as "long".

If i change the type to "string" it works fine. Is there any issue using
long. Because we migrated from 4.4 to 6.1, and we had the id field as long.
Can you please help me with this. Really appreciate your help.

*I see the below error on the target site:-*

 o.a.s.h.RequestHandlerBase org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid
Number:
  at org.apache.solr.schema.TrieField.readableToIndexed(TrieField.java:537)
        at org.apache.solr.update.DeleteUpdateCommand.getIndexedId(
DeleteUpdateCommand.java:65)
        at org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor.
versionDelete(DistributedUpdateProcessor.java:1495)
        at org.apache.solr.update.processor.CdcrUpdateProcessor.
versionDelete(CdcrUpdateProcessor.java:85)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Bharath MV Kumar

"Life is short, enjoy every moment of it"