Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michelle <mi...@greenleaf-family.com> on 2001/11/21 18:09:19 UTC

James as a List Server

I am a wee bit fuzzy on configuring James as a list server.  I've been through the documentation and the mail list but I cannot find anything but a few small references that do not paint a complete picture.

Are there any configuration and usage instructions around, or even an email in the mailing list that I missed?    I appreciate the help.

- Michelle

RE: Re[2]: James as a List Server

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
sqlresources is in conf/

if you set up your MySQL database settings in config.xml like this (create
database Mail):

        <data-source name="maildb"

class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcDataSource">
            <driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
            <dburl>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/Mail</dburl>
            <user>user</user>
            <password>pass</password>
        </data-source>

then you can use the db list repository

       <repository name="list-james"
 class="org.apache.james.userrepository.ListUsersJdbcRepository"
                   destinationURL="db://maildb/lists/list-james">
           <sqlFile>file://conf/sqlResources.xml</sqlFile>
       </repository>

James creates its own tables, so you don't need to worry about that, the
only heads up is that if a table exists and is not the right structure James
fails disgracefully with an endless loop of exceptions.

once you are using database for users and lists making a web based James
admin becomes as simple as writing a jsp/servlet application to administer
the db.

d.

Re[2]: James as a List Server

Posted by styb <sc...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Mr. Angus,

Re: James as a List Server

Posted by Michelle <mi...@greenleaf-family.com>.
If we do develop more extensive list serving capabilities, we'd be happy to
offer up our enhancements.

Thanks for all the help.

RE: James as a List Server

Re: James as a List Server