Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 00:43:36 UTC

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Hi Glen,

I don't mind if INFRA-5943 gets done now or in two months, as it'll be an
extra (to publish a nice changelog after every commit), but right now I'm
afraid we're unable to update the site, see comments on INFRA-6577 (JSPWiki
TLP: common tasks) and INFRA-6611 (Error updating JSPWiki CMS site). This
JIRA shouldn't stop manual edits of the website happening though, i.e.:
when a new release is done

Also, regarding the site SVN location, until INFRA-6492 gets done, it's
$svn/site/trunk (although we can't push content or move the jspwiki folder
one level up right now), and afterwards will be
$svn/trunk/jspwiki-site/src/site/trunk This should be independent from
INFRA-5943

As soon as we are able to edit the website again, I was hoping to edit and
remove all the incubating stuff and publish the site under jspwiki.a.o
instead of jspwiki.a.o/jspwiki. My idea is to ping infra again by tomorrow
night to give some space to all these JIRAs (although we've been over a
week with half site and without a front page :-/)

br,
juan pablo

>>> website.html<http://jspwiki.**staging.apache.org/jspwiki/**

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

well not exactly. Site's src began at location "A" in the SVN tree. We
opened INFRA-5943, and to make things easier to infra, site's src was
copied to location "B", in order to make the site transition seamless.
Graduation came, and the SVN was migrated, A location became A' and B
became B'. So far so good.

The site was migrated directly from A to B', which seems to be the cause of
INFRA-6611. As I've understood from INFRA-6611, it should've gone from A to
A' to B' or from A to B to B', solving 5943 and 6611 one after another.
Going from A to B' in one step has been the cause of the current problems
with the website. AFAIK, sticking with the old site location won't solve
the issue as it still exists right now, it's CMS configuration problem; I'm
not 100% sure, but seems it has to be recreated (cfr. with INFRA-6492,
duplicate of 6611). If we could have one working location+configuration, be
it A' or B' or whatever, I'd be fine with it, it'll be better than our
current situation..

Tomorrow is the board meeting, with our report stating this issue,
hopefully it should draw some attention to it

br,
juan pablo

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

just've closed it, hope we get the website edit back soon!

br,
juan pablo

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
JP, if I understand what you're saying, "If we could have one working
location+configuration, be it A' or B' or whatever, I'd be fine with it,
it'll be better than our current situation", I'm now welcome to delete
jspwiki/trunk/jspwiki-site so we'll just have the single standard
jspwiki/site/trunk that they're used to (indeed they *required* the
roller/site/trunk format when I got Roller on the Apache CMS:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5631?focusedCommentId=13547018&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13547018.)
And then I can close JSPWiki-787, JSPWIKI-5943, and JSPWIKI-6611 and
submit an Infra JIRA to make the JSPWiki URL
(jspwiki.apache.org/jspwiki) just like the Roller URL
(roller.apache.org) on the Apache CMS, i.e., get rid of the "jspwiki"
subdirectory from the URL.  So we'll be back to having a single site we

--------------------------------------

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Two JSPWiki site folders?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> been partially transferred, having the same strucure it had when being
>>> part
>>> of incubator.a.o, and needed to be one level down (the jspwiki folder), in
>>> order to not "pollute" the main incubator.a.o. Once the site is relocated
>>> we will be able to push content one level up, effectively dismissing the
>>> extra jspwiki we have right now. In that sense I feel INFRA-6572 should be
>>> closed as invalid/duplicated/related to INFRA-6492
>>>
>>> Also, when you say you can't commit right now, you are referring just to
>>> the site or to all svn (https://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/jspwiki/trunk/<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jspwiki/trunk/>
>>> ).
>>> The first one should be expected 'til we get solved INFRA-6492, the second
>>> one shouldn't happen, right now committer access is given to the following

>>> altheim
>>> brushed
>>> clr
>>> csauer