Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/03/01 15:35:22 UTC

March board report due in a week

I'm collecting items; please post replies to this note with additions.

I'll have the usual release updates.

I plan to say we have begun to do some reaching out to get others involved as
committers.

Other items welcome!

-Marshall

Re: March board report due in a week

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
I am preparing an rc for UIMA Ruta 2.6.0 :-)

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Slight augmentation re: UIMA CPP; I'm submitting this

Board report for Apache UIMA, for March 2017.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:
23 Feb 2017  (new)        last release - Apache UIMA DUCC 2.2.0
03 May 2016  (no change)  last PMC addition
24 Jul 2015  (no change)  last Committer addition

Releases:
  23 Feb 2017 Apache UIMA DUCC 2.2.0
  30 Jan 2017 Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-alpha
                Alpha release of significant new internal
                implementation of core UIMA Java framework
  15 Dec 2016 Apache UIMA Asynchronous Scaleout (UIMA-AS) 2.9.0
                many upgrades, improvements, fixes

Other Activity:

  Two release candidate votes are pending.

Community:

  Response to board question:
    idf: No new committer for over a year - any candidates?
    We did reach out in one project to see if a contributor
    might be interested, but got a not-at-this-time response.

    We are watching some other people who have started with
    some initial contributions.

  The community continues to be moderately active.

  Actively working on boosting prioritization for work on
  UIMA CPP; this (sub)project has had pending fixes that haven't been
  applied and needs a new release.

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.

-Marshall