Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by bribridnl <br...@insa-rennes.fr> on 2020/04/06 14:39:20 UTC

Run apache ignite container on Rpi

Hello everybody,
did someone ever tried to run apache ignite docker on a raspberry pi ?
I installed docker on my raspberry pi model B following this tutorial :
https://phoenixnap.com/kb/docker-on-raspberry-pi
And i encountered no issue on running hello-world.
Now my problem is that when I try to run apacheignite/ignite docker
container (see official documentation
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/docker-deployment). I have this error
which I really don't understand :

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

So I tried to run ignite through the binary files on my raspberry pi and it
worked perfectly.
I'm really confused why it's not working..

Re: Run apache ignite container on Rpi

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
It looks like you could build your own image without any code changes. The official Dockerfile is here: https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/docker/apache-ignite

I just looked on Dockerhub and it seems that there’s an ARM version of the Linux distribution that it’s based on.

Regards,
Stephen

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
The Docker image is based on an x86-64 CPU architecture Linux distribution, while the Raspberry Pi is ARM. So your ARM CPU is being asked to run code that’s in the wrong format (x86-64). You could build your own Docker image with minimal changes.

Regards,
Stephen