Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 19:58:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.4 (RC1)

The release artifacts for the Tuscany SCA for Java 1.4 release are now
available, please review and vote to release.

The artifacts are available for at:
http://people.apache.org/~ramkumar/tuscany/1.4RC1/

This includes the signed binary, source distributions and eclipse update
site and RAT report.

Here's my +1

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.4 (RC1)

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> For now we have got quite a few issues reported for 1.4RC1, though all of
> them not visible in this thread the JIRA's raised makes it visible.
>
> Since vacations are coming close by, I believe it would be a good idea to
> fix these issue as quick as possible before tomorrow and
> go for a RC2, so that we will have some time to make a final review.
>
> Here we have the list of pending issues that needs to be resolved before
> tomorrow:
>
> Ramkumar:  To take care of TUSCANY-2712 , TUSCANY-2707 and TUSCANY-2726
>
> Simon Nash: To pull in r723908 into the 1.4 branch.
>
> Ant: Looking into TUSCANY-2708.
>
> Unassigned: TUSCANY-2706 and the issue reported by Dan in this thread on
> the validation
> messages thrown for sca-contribution.xml file
> [WARNING: XMLSchema validation problem in: jar:file:/e:/t/tuscany-sca-1.4/tutoria
> ls/store/domain/../catalog-ejb/target/tutorial-catalog-ejb.jar!/META-INF/sca-contribution.xml,
> line: 23, column: 4]
>
> I would like to ask for some help from the community (for the unassigned
> issues) to try and fix whatever they can b4 tomorrow.
> This would help us to move to RC2.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Dan Becker wrote:

>>> Hi Ram,
>>>
>>> I'm withholding my vote for now. I see various problems with the store
>>> tutorial. Namely when I add the 1.4 manifest to my classpath and run the
>>> store domain with:
>>> e:\t\tuscany-sca-1.4\tutorials\store\domain>java -jar
>>> ../../../modules/tuscany-node-launcher-1.4.jar domain
>>>
>>> The domain appears to start. However, when I point my browser to Browse
>>> to http://localhost:9990/ui/cloud/, I see an endless parade of
>>> validation errors. Something like this:
>>>
>>> WARNING: XMLSchema validation problem in:
>>> jar:file:/e:/t/tuscany-sca-1.4/tutoria
>>> ls/store/domain/../catalog-ejb/target/tutorial-catalog-ejb.jar!/META-INF/sca-con
>>>
>>> tribution.xml, line: 22, column: 4
>>> cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'namespace' must appear on element
>>> 'export.java'.
>>> Dec 8, 2008 1:22:50 PM
>>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingX
>>> MLStreamReader$1 error
>>> WARNING: XMLSchema validation problem in:
>>> jar:file:/e:/t/tuscany-sca-1.4/tutoria
>>> ls/store/domain/../catalog-ejb/target/tutorial-catalog-ejb.jar!/META-INF/sca-con
>>>
>>> tribution.xml, line: 23, column: 4
>>> cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
>>> 'deploya
>>> ble'. One of '{"http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0":export, WC[##other:"
>>> http://ww
>>> w.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"]}' is expected.
>>>
>>> This is on Windows XP with IBM JDK 6 (build pwi3260sr2-20080818_01(SR2).
>>>

>> If we need a respin to fix this, I would like to pull in r723908
>> which unfortunately did not make it into the 1.4 branch until after
>> RC1 was produced.
>>
>>  Simon
>>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ramkumar Ramalingam

+1 Ram

I'll pick up what I can. First thing I want to do is make the SPI change
that I raise on the ML. I'll crate a JIRA for that.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.4 (RC1)

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simon Nash for the update.

I believe most of the issue raised on 1.4RC1 is now been addressed with the
extended help of
Ant, Luciano and Simon Laws. Thanks all.

I believe there is one issue, which is still pending TUSCANY-2706, which is
under investigation.
I like to seek some help from the databinding people to resolve this issue.

So its a good time to go for RC2, I am in the process of creating 1.4RC2
with revision 725591.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Ramkumar R wrote:
> The release artifacts for the Tuscany SCA for Java 1.4 release are now
> available, please review and vote to release.
>
> The artifacts are available for at:
> http://people.apache.org/~ramkumar/tuscany/1.4RC1/
>
> This includes the signed binary, source distributions and eclipse update
> site and RAT report.
>
> Here's my +1

Hi Ram,

I'm withholding my vote for now. I see various problems with the store
tutorial. Namely when I add the 1.4 manifest to my classpath and run the
store domain with:
e:\t\tuscany-sca-1.4\tutorials\store\domain>java -jar
../../../modules/tuscany-node-launcher-1.4.jar domain

The domain appears to start. However, when I point my browser to Browse
to http://localhost:9990/ui/cloud/, I see an endless parade of
validation errors. Something like this:

WARNING: XMLSchema validation problem in:
jar:file:/e:/t/tuscany-sca-1.4/tutoria
ls/store/domain/../catalog-ejb/target/tutorial-catalog-ejb.jar!/META-INF/sca-con
tribution.xml, line: 22, column: 4
cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'namespace' must appear on element
'export.java'.
Dec 8, 2008 1:22:50 PM
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ValidatingX
MLStreamReader$1 error
WARNING: XMLSchema validation problem in:
jar:file:/e:/t/tuscany-sca-1.4/tutoria
ls/store/domain/../catalog-ejb/target/tutorial-catalog-ejb.jar!/META-INF/sca-con
tribution.xml, line: 23, column: 4
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'deploya
ble'. One of '{"http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0":export,
WC[##other:"http://ww
w.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"]}' is expected.

This is on Windows XP with IBM JDK 6 (build pwi3260sr2-20080818_01(SR2).
--
Thanks, Dan Becker