Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by ALEX HYDE <al...@btinternet.com> on 2005/12/16 15:04:09 UTC

Pooling

 Hi All,

  I need to make a very simple get request to a remote web server each  time a user first comes into my web site. Potentially this is a lot of  requests.

    I was not sure whether to just use the core HttpURLConnection class. It will be  thread safe because the object will be used and created in method  scope. In the Sun javadoc it says that underneath the covers, the  Connection can be shared. So the question is, is this an expensive  operation or am I ok to just create a new HttpURLConnection each time a  user first enters the site? Would it be more appropriate to use HttpClient or can I just use the  standard HttpURLConnection or will I quickly run out of  resources/connections?

    Thanks alot