Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nicolas Melendez <nm...@getsense.com.ar> on 2009/08/18 16:58:55 UTC

Why FLAGS and bits operators are used in wicket Component Class?

Hi everybody, does anybody know why wicket uses FLAGS and bits
operator in Component Class.
for example:
in Component.java

line 650 :private int flags = FLAG_VISIBLE | FLAG_ESCAPE_MODEL_STRINGS
| FLAG_VERSIONED | FLAG_ENABLED |
		FLAG_IS_RENDER_ALLOWED | FLAG_VISIBILITY_ALLOWED;

line 3456 : 	protected final boolean getFlag(final int flag)
	{
		return (flags & flag) != 0;
	}

for those who don't know what & operator do: return 1, if the two
operators are 1, otherwise return 0

Are the because optimization?
i have no experience doing frameworks, can someone with experience tell me why?
Thank You!
NM

Re: Why FLAGS and bits operators are used in wicket Component Class?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
yes, it is an optimization to save space.

-igor