Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 04:50:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Query on KeepAlive and KeepAliveTimeOut

Hi All,
If I keep KeepAlive Off then does KeepAliveTimeOut is going to be effective
or functional?
Thanks
Arnab

Re: [users@httpd] Query on KeepAlive and KeepAliveTimeOut

Posted by Suresh Babu <ds...@gmail.com>.
Hai

There is no effect.

The KeepAlive directive allows multiple requests to be sent over the same
TCP connection. This is particularly useful while serving HTML pages with
lot of images. If KeepAlive is set to Off, then for each images, a separate
TCP connection has to be made. Overhead due to establishing TCP connection
can be eliminated by turning On KeepAlive.

KeepAliveTimeout determines how long to wait for the next request. Set this
to a low value, perhaps between two to five seconds. If it is set too high,
child processed are tied up waiting for the client when they could be used
for serving new clients.

--
With thanks & regards
D Suresh babu