Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by ww...@adni.net on 2000/11/21 02:50:01 UTC

Re: general/6869: Only constant kill HUPs to Apache temporarily repair a "Resource temporarily unavailable: couldn't spawn chi

The following reply was made to PR general/6869; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: wwebb@adni.net
To: fanf@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/6869: Only constant kill HUPs to Apache temporarily repair a "Resource temporarily  unavailable: couldn't spawn chi
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:44:50 -0500

 > Synopsis: Only constant kill HUPs to Apache temporarily repair a "Resource temporarily  unavailable: couldn't spawn child process"
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: fanf
 > State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 20 17:28:57 PST 2000
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > It sounds like you have resource limits imposed on the user
 > that the server is running under. How many httpd processes
 > are running when the error turns up? What is your MaxClients
 > setting?

 If I do a ps -ax command, it will typically show + - 9 12  httpd
 processes running at the time a problem occurs.  MaxClients is at
 the default setting of 150.