Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sreenivasulu y <sr...@huawei.com> on 2013/10/15 08:01:43 UTC

hbase log4j.properties can we change to DRFA to RFA.

Hi,

Can we change log4j.properties
DailyRollingFileAppender to RollingFileAppender
With some specific size of the log file.

Because of, with in a day may be a log file size will become 10GB to 12GB (In our cluster its happen), because of some failure in the hbase cluster.
In hdfs component and all log rolling is done with RFA only.

Please provide your comments for changing log4j.properties file.

Re: hbase log4j.properties can we change to DRFA to RFA.

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
You can change the log4j configuration for your deployment as you see fit.
DRFA is however a better default for the general case.
You might also want to ensure that you are not running with DEBUG logging
enabled in a production cluster.

Enis