Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Phillips Nathan <np...@pointserve.com> on 2002/01/31 21:46:15 UTC

Another InputStream does not contain a serialized object

This is on the jakarta-cactus-23-1.3dev distribution from last night.  I got
everything to work correctly under cactus 1.2 but I need the security stuff
from 1.3 to use cactus in my project.  I've read the FAQ and yet nothing I
do seems to fix this problem.  By the way, I'm using Tomcat4.0.1.  My
cactus.properties are:

cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8080/test
cactus.servletRedirectorName = ServletRedirector

I'm guessing cactus is placing the "/" after my contextURL and after my
servletRedirectorName so that http://localhost:8080/test/ ServletRedirector/
is being used in cactus 1.3.  As typing this in gives me the HTTP 500 error
message correctly.

I have cactus.jar placed in the lib directory of my web application for the
server.  This of course works with cactus 1.2 and Tomcat4.0.1 correctly.

I'm using the servlet2.3 jar with my 2.3 version of cactus 1.3.

I'm using Ant to execute the Junit task and my ant script is using the exact
same jars that my testing web app is.

I'm completely at my wits end.  By the way, I've completely tuned off
security on my web app.  I've researched the mailing list archive.  I'd
appreciate any other suggestions.

RE: Another InputStream does not contain a serialized object

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Nathan,

Can you provide us with your web.xml to check if the mapping is
correctly defined (no trailing "/", which is no longer valid in Cactus
1.3) ?

Cactus 1.3 does not add a trailing "/" after "ServletRedirector".

This is the only potential problem that I can see.

Thanks
-Vincent